- 5 Test voltages from 50, 100, 200, 250, 500 Vdc
- Rugged and portable analog megohmmeter
- Up to 3% accuracy
- 50 kΩ to 20 TΩ measurement range
- Maximum of 5 mA charge current
- Analog output
- Suggested equipment in aircraft service bulletins for DC-10, 747 and others
- Self contained, portable carrying case
- Large, direct reading front panel meter
- Reliable high quality instrument designed to last up to 30 years
The GenRad/IET 1863 Megohmmeter is the choice for production and inspection tests on devices with resistances up to 20 Tohms. The GenRad/IET 1863 will measure resistance at any of five test voltages of: 50 V, 100 V, 200 V, 250 V, and 500 Vdc. Compared to the GenRad/IET 1864, which has adjustable test voltages from 10 V to 1090 V, this unit has fewer controls, and is the more economical of the two models.
Stability of calibration in the GenRad 1863 Megohmmeter is maintained by use of a four-transistor unity gain amplifier. Stable power supplies and feedback voltmeter circuit minimize drift and time wasting adjustments.
Safety has not been overlooked in the GenRad 1863 Megohmmeter as evidenced by the warning light that is activated by the application of the test voltage. The maximum current possible at the terminals is limited to a 5mA. The Megohmmeter employs a Measure/Charge/Discharge switch for quick charging and discharging of capacitive devices such as long lengths of cable and capacitors.
The GenRad 1863 Megohmmeter is easy to use with direct-reading meter indication and lighted range switch that shows the multiplier for each range and voltage.
Guard and ground terminals permit measurement of grounded or guarded devices. The guard is particularly helpful in measuring three terminal resistors. The ground terminal is used on applications such as insulation resistance of cables in a water bath, where the water needs to be grounded for safety, or other devices where one of the measurement terminals is connected to earth ground.
The 1863 Megohmmeter is supplied in a robust and convenient, portable, Flip-Tilt case that is a stand for the meter in use and protects it in transit and storage.
Some GenRad/IET 1863 Megohmmeter Applications
- Testing insulation resistance of wire and cables
- Testing insulation resistance of capacitors, sensors, heating elements
- Insulation resistance of harnesses and connectors
- Testing thermal switches, relays and other electrical components
GenRad 1863 Basic Specifications:(Full specifications can be found on the datasheet)
Resistance Accuracy: (min reading 0.5) Range 1-5: ± 2(meter reading +1)%
Range 6: ± 2% to accuracy above, Range 7: ± 4% to accuracy above
Voltage Accuracy: (across unknown): +/-2%
Short-Circuit Current: 5mA approximately
Voltage and Resistance Ranges
|Voltage||Rmin (Full Scale)||Rmax||Useful Ranges|
|50VDC ,100VDC||50 kΩ||2 TΩ||7|
|200, 250, & 500 VDC||500 kΩ||20 TΩ||7|