PRS-DMM Self-correcting Programmable Decade Resistance Box
Double click on above image to view full picture
Photo represents example of series. See datasheet for more details on any specific model.
- Software leverages the accuracy of an 8.5 digit DMM, with the versatility of the PRS-300 Decade Resistor to make the most revolutionary decade resistor ever manufactured
- Resistance Range: 0.1 Ω to 20 MΩ
- Resolution: 1 μΩ
- Accuracies better than 20 ppm; source resistance with the same accuracy that your 8.5 Digit DMM can measure.
- All you need to do is enter the target resistance. The software uses the DMM to measure the resistance being sourced by the PRS-300 and readjusts the source resistance as close as possible to the target resistance.
- Software automatically provides the measurement uncertainties of every measurement
- When you buy PRS-300, there is no additional cost for this PRS-DMM software
- If you already own a Fluke 8508A or a Keysight 3458A 8.5 Digit DMM, this is the most cost effective way to have an precision resistance source in your lab
- No need to worry about resistors going out of tolerance (long term stability) or accounting for zero/switch resistance
- No calibration or maintenance costs required, when used with an 8.5 digit DMM
- Will have lower long-term operating cost than traditional manual decade resistors like 1433 or HARS-X
- Very easy to use with little to no training required; no need to understand programming
Estimated Delivery is weeks
The PRS-DMM Self-correcting programmable resistance decade box is a precision resistance source with excellent characteristics of stability that leverages a 8.5 digit DMM to automatically adjust the PRS-300 closer to the target source resistance value. This improves the basic accuracy of the PRS-300 from 100 ppm to better than 20 ppm. The PRS-300 uses a combination of series and parallel resistors that allows the target resistance to be changed by as little as 1 μΩ.
The PRS-DMM is easy to use with your existing Fluke 8508A Bench DMM or Keysight 3458A DMM. The PRS-DMM configures and performs measurements with the 8.5 digit DMM via GPIB. The user interface allows the user to enter the target resistance value, the resistance is then measured with the DMM and the PRS-300 is adjusted to provide a very accurate resistance value better than 20 ppm from the target value. The main screen shows the desired resistance value or temperature can also be shown for RTD calibration. The DMM is connected to the output of the PRS-300. The Adjust button starts the adjustment process. The PRS-300 is programmed for target resistance and the DMM is configured to perform a resistance measurement. The resistance measurement is read back from the DMM and compared with the target resistance value. This programming of the PRS-300 and reading of the resistance value from the DMM continues until the resistance reading is within the required accuracy. A screen is then shown showing the measured resistance from the DMM, delta from target resistance in ppm and uncertainty of the measurement based upon accuracy tables for the Fluke 8508A or Keysight 3458A.
The PRS-DMM also allows has an additional feature that allows for automatic trimming for the PRS-300 to bring the unit back to factory specifications of 100 ppm. The PRS Series programmable resistance decade box employs very low resistance, low thermal emf relays with gold-clad silver-alloy contacts. A special design keeps contact resistance to a minimum. The gold plating keeps the silver contacts from becoming tarnished when unused, or when only low currents are passed through them. This is most often the case when only minute test currents are drawn by digital multimeters and other test instruments. Contact resistance remains low and repeatable through the use of multiple contacts.
The programmable decade box employees, high-quality gold-plated tellurium-copper five-way binding posts serve to minimize the thermal emf effects, which would produce errors in dc resistance measurements. All other conductors within the instrument, as well as the solder employed minimizes thermal emf problems.
The PRS Series programmable resistance decade box may be rack mounted to serve as components in measurement and control systems.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS(See datasheet for full specifications)
This document explains the features, options, Specifications and option models for this item.
Specifications and option models for this item. This document contains the technical product manual and guidelines.
Software drivers to allow this instrument to work with your computer