- General Radio Experimenters
- General Radio News
- General Radio Historical Society
- GR Historical Society Teradyne
- General Radio Books and History
- History of Impedance Measurements
- General Radio Manuals - Historic
- General Radio Catalogs - Historic
- General Radio Handbooks - Historic
- General Radio Brochures - Historic
- General Radio App Notes - Historic
- General Radio Museum
- General Radio Community
In the GenRad Tradition...IET is committed to providing historical GR content
General Radio Historic Catalogs and Bulletins
A Note on Catalogs
Most Catalogs were used letters and appeared in sequence, but there are several exceptions.
There was no Catalog I, probably for fear it would be read as Catalog 1. However there was a Catalog O.
Catalogs D1, D2 & D3 were collections of separate bulletins and not reproduced available on this site
Most of the instruments in the bulletins are also in catalogs C or E.
Note also that there were many special instruments, designed for particular customers or for our own use. They are usually designated by “-P” or “X”. The “-P” was also used for accessories as in 716-P4. Sometimes these special instruments became catalog item. The P-582 bridge became the 1613.
Catalogs were updated by publishing supplements, parts and editions. Supplements only added data, usually only about one device. Parts added pages to previous catalogs. Editions were complete, updated catalogs.
There were two catalogs titled “Catalog A” one that came out in 1916, the other in 1917. The second contained all seven instruments in the first (101, 105 107, 108, 110, 111 and 115) and seven more.
What we call here “E1” is called “Catalog 1928” on its cover. It was published in September, 1928. What we call E Second Edition (E2) was labeled that and was published in December 1928. Most of what is in E1 is in E2 so referring to just “E” is referring to E2. The lettered catalogs stopped with Catalog U. After that followed Catalog ’73 and Catalog ’78, the latter was the last instrument catalog.