About IET Labs, Inc.
Since 1976, it has been IET Lab's mission to manufacturer very high-quality instruments at competitive prices while providing a level of service not often found in the industry. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.
In 2000, IET Labs acquired the GenRad standards, impedance decades, megohmmeters, digibridges, audio and strobe lines and now continues to manufacture, service and support these. More information on GenRad and historic GenRad products can be found at "GenRad history page "In the GenRad Tradition..." In 2006, IET acquired the esi resistance lines, thus proudly and successfully combining the two most important classic impedance companies with our own.
Our Satisfied Customers
Keeping the GenRad Tradition Alive
Melville Eastham, Founder of General Radio
General Radio was founded in 1915 and published its first catalog of instruments in 1916. Among the products listed were:
- Precision Variable Air Condenser ($25.00)
- Decade Resistance Box ($19.00)
- Precision Variable Inductor ($24.00)
- Absorption Wavemeter ($60.00).
Eastham wanted to do more than just manufacture quality measuring instruments. He believed a manufacturing company should do many things for its employees, including:
- Provide a short work week
- Offer liberal vacation and holiday schedule, compatible with efficient operation
- Gradual business growth financed from earnings
- No layoffs or shutdowns for maximum job security
- Profits should be shared among the stockholders, the management, and the employees.
- GenRad also decided early on to sell its products directly to end users rather than only through distribution channels.
These were radical concepts in the industrial climate of 1915. IET Labs is proud to keep this legacy alive today.
Over 100 Years of Excellence in Metrology
By combining the many hundreds of man-years of engineering experience of GenRad, esi and IET, we have become the world's preeminent manufacturer of impedance instruments, offering from the most cost-effective to the most stable electrical standards.
IET Labs is small enough to offer the individual exceptional service each of our customers deserves, while large enough to offer the world's most complete impedance solutions with over 1300 different products.
Made in the U.S.A.
While many in the industry outsource not only manufacturing but engineering, IET is proud to claim that we manufacturer 98% of our products in the United States and almost all of our major components are manufactured in the United States.
What It’s Like Working with IET Labs
Our experienced engineering and service staff make it possible to offer:
- Custom or products with combinations of functions; special ranges, ratings or accuracies.
- Replacements for discontinued models from other manufacturers.
- ISO-17025 accredited calibrations* and repairs on most products
- Compliant with ISO-9001, ISO-10012, ANSI Z540-1-1994, and MIL-STD-45662A.
- Applications and custom engineering readily available
- Extensive library of applications notes and articles from GenRad, esi and IET
Our Scope of Accreditation
* See IET Labs scope of accreditation Cert. No. 2073-01 for capabilities
See Feedback from some of our Satisfied Customers.